Tuesday, November 22, 2016

There Are Some Songs It's Just Impossible to Ruin (But This Is Not One of Them): An Occasional Series

From their 1993 covers album Acid Eaters...


...please enjoy -- actually, I don't think that's possible -- the otherwise estimable Ramones and their take on the Jefferson Airplane classic "Somebody to Love."



Seriously -- this is fucking appallingly bad on every level. I bring it up only because I was thinking not so fondly of right-wing asshat Johnny Ramone the other day, and I was wondering why Joey ever put up with his shit.

Okay, apart from the touring money.

4 comments:

Ken J Xenozar said...

I don't see how this Ramones treatment is any better or worse than just about any other Ramones song. They were a one-trick band. A really good trick. I usually love the Ramones for about 2:30 and then want to move on to something else. Which seems to work well for both parties...

Gummo said...

Steve, you're crazy, the entire Acid Eaters album is great fun.

steve simels said...

I find it unlistenable.

Anonymous said...

I have always considered The Ramones the punk band for people who didn't punk. Hell they didn't really even like rock & roll that much but wanted to seem hip.

Don't get me started about people who's first favorite album was the American version of Rubber Soul.

Captain Al