Friday, April 20, 2012

Everything You Know is Wrong

Ladies and germs, post-folk/rock-grunge weisenheimer Todd Snider explains it all to you -- by which I mean every stupid zombie lie that you've had to endure since you were a kid, plus the actual Meaning of Life (and Rock 'N' Roll) itself -- with his incomparable "Ballad of the Kingsmen."

And yes, that's The Kingsmen as in "Louie Louie."




I'm serious -- if there was ever a song that exemplified the great Bruce Springsteen line -- "I swear I found the key to the universe/in the engine of an old parked car" -- this is it.
It's the feel good hit of this endless summer
It gets these kids out of control
Singin' along to that star spangled bummer
Hail, hail rock and roll
Except without the optimism.

[h/t Eric C. Boardman]

2 comments:

buzzbabyjesus said...

I made it past the one minute mark and listened to the whole thing.

steve simels said...

As Jack Nicholson famously observed of Bob Dylan -- this guy's a riot.