Thursday, December 29, 2011

Great Lost Christmas Records of the '80s (An Occasional Series)

From 1988, please enjoy the aptly monikered Rudolf's Nightmare and their fast and furious (and furiouser) take on the venerable holiday standard "Silent Night."




This was an indie single and (IMHO) a should-have-been seasonal novelty smash. I seem to recall that Dr. Demento has played it on occasion, but in any case it certainly deserves to be more widely known.

I should add that it was produced by my old chum Lars Hanson, who plays the fabulous Jeff-Beck-on-illegal-stimulants guitar stuff; my bandmate of several thousand years Glen "Bob" Allen can be heard pounding those pagan skins.

5 comments:

Tierra Madre Horse Sanctuary said...

Can't wait for Guy Lombardo's "Auld Lang Syne"

steve simels said...

Actually, the b-side of this -- a demented take on the 12 days of Xmas -- is even funnier. I think I'll post it next week....

Tierra Madre Horse Sanctuary said...

Can't wait!! Be still, my heart....

buzzbabyjesus said...

You must not have got the memo-

No more Christmas music until November 2012.

FD13NYC said...

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!