Thursday, May 01, 2008

An Early Clue to the New Direction

From some time this century (I'm too lazy to look it up) here's the extremely irksome Saturday Night Live fave "Dick in a Box."



I know a lot of people think this is a riot, but for my money Jim Breuer's Heavy Metal Guy Singing the News routine had the sophistication of a patter song by Gilbert and Sullivan by comparison.

In any case, as is customary, a coveted PowerPop No-Prize will be awarded to the first reader who divines the clip's relevance to tomorrow's Weekend Listomania.

2 comments:

TJWood said...

I more or less agree, it was good for one view and that was it. Given this clip and your earlier rant this week against Mr. Timberlake, I'll guess the category as Overrated Pop/Rock Artistsof our time.

steve simels said...

No, but I think I'll cop the idea down the road, so thanks.