Thursday, March 22, 2007

Swoonarama

Ladies and gentlemen, if ever a video clip defined the mission statement of this very blog, this is it.

Live at the Knitting Factory in Hollywood, here's John Wicks of the Records blasting his way through his genre-defining anthem Starry Eyes. With Clem Burke of Blondie on drums.



NYMary may have to refresh my memory, but I think the first time we bonded was when we discovered that we both loved -- nay, lurved -- the Records.

It was either that or your recognition of a really obscure 20/20 song. Sometimes, you just know you've found a fellow traveller. --NYM

5 comments:

Gardner said...

Teenarama!

Anonymous said...

Gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme swoonarama...

ntodd said...

I demand more babyblogging and less powerpop. And better snacks.

Anonymous said...

I can't tell you how many times I've watched this clip. I wish there was some footage of the original Records somewhere. I know they appeared on Midnight Special or one of those other shows. I remember Huw Gower was singing backup vocs waaay off key!

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqsdOT5Xht4&feature=related

Link to: 'Starry Eyes'100% live performance from Midnight Special 1979. Gower's vocals sound amazing!