Friday, August 11, 2006

SEPTEMBER FREAKING TWENTY-SECOND!!!

Ahem. Excuse me. But eeeeeeeeeeeeekkkk!!!!



Last month's sound check.



Just last weekend, threading through Williamsburg, trying not to run over the hipsters, Redd Kross came on the ipod, evoking a deep sigh from Deeptoej.

"I wonder if they'll ever play this country again," he mourned.

"They played Disneyland," I pointed out.

"Not here, though."

Then, just scant days later, these went on sale. Deeptoej and I exchanged a flurry of emails, and now we're all set to go. (We still need to arrange babysitting, natch.)

When they played in California, Anna Waronker took the stage with them (as you can see here). I really like the album Anna by Anna Waronker--"I Wish You Well" has a fab power pop riff and if one those songs I'l cheerfully listen to a few times in a row. That dog is on my list of bands I missed and need to check out. So Anna, if you google yourself, come to NYC! Feel the love!

Deeptoej also noted that, in the day, RK tended to do two NYC shows in a weekend, one big one in the city itself, and then one at Maxwell's in Hoboken. We're crossing our fingers (though I honestly can't picture the lanky Brothers McDonald on that tiny stage).

Meet us there!

UPDATE: Here's some video from the July show. The sound sucks, but "Follow the Leader" seems more prescient every year.

No comments: